How to Sign Up (below)
What is Super Summer?
Super Summer is a discipleship/evangelism leadership conference designed to provide qualitative spiritual growth and help develop student leadership in churches. Utilizing a camp setting, for 29 years, Super Summer has challenged students to learn how to penetrate their culture for Christ.
Super Summer is not for everyone in the youth group. It is designed for students who personally have a desire to grow spiritually. Students come to Super Summer knowing that they will be challenged not only to grow, but to actively share their faith with others. Church leaders are responsible for sending only students that meet the requirements (below) set forth for participation.
This camp will take place at Mississippi College in Clinton and costs $100 per participant.
Requirements of all Super Summer Applicants
- Completed the 8th grade but not yet in college.
- Agrees to attend all Super Summer sessions and participate in all activities.
- Must be a faithful, baptized believer.
- Demonstrates leadership qualities and is a growing Christian.
- Live and actively share their faith consistently.
- Devoted to prayer. Committed to purity and abstinence. Totally drug-free.
- At least 75% attendance at weekly church and student ministry events.
- This includes Sunday morning, night, and Wednesday activities.
- Participates in student ministry events (Disciple Now, retreats, camps, etc.).
- Has shared personal testimony with youth group before coming to Super Summer each year. All students will be asked to share their testimony within their schools and family groups.
- Involved in a “small group” discipleship study or an accountability group.
- this will happen on Sunday nights
- this will involve reading and being prepared to share in the group
- this will also involve participation in faith sharing exercises
- not participating on Sunday nights will result in falling short of the requirements to attend super summer.
- Memorized announced scripture verses (each year). Students may be asked to recite these verses at Super Summer. List will be announced and worked on throughout the year.
- Journal how you are growing in your walk with Christ (prayer, scripture, memorization, struggles, joy, etc.).
- Seeks to penetrate culture with the gospel (involved in church outreach, campus ministry, missions, community service).
- Second year and above students write an essay (100 words) which expresses your level of commitment to Christ and how you are involved in leadership in your church and community. This should be given to your youth leader or pastor.
- Each participant must submit 2 references from a teacher or employer. Click HERE for reference form.
Why are there requirements?
Super Summer is designed to be a challenging week that encourages students to become passionate followers of Christ. It is an incredible experience, and we want to do all we can to keep that standard high. These guidelines help keep the purpose of Super Summer in focus and church leaders are responsible for seeing that these requirements are met by students. If you have any questions about these guidelines, please contact JD, and we will try to help you in any way that we can.